Wow, its been VERY quiet around here this year. Hopefully that means everyone is too busy netting toothy critters.

Just wanted to post about the RIO Stiped Bass Sink tip flyline I have been using this year. It has been extremely impressive. I ended up going with a 400gr to help get some of these bulky flies deep relatively fast. It does that with ease. I find that I can still use it for most shallow situations too as long as I start to strip as soon as the fly hits the water.

The ease of casting this stuff is incredible. I mean, it just wants to fly thru the guides. I've never been the greatest caster in terms of distance, but I'd really like to see just how far I can get this stuff out there one of these days.

So far, I've just been switching back and forth between this stuff and an intermediate line. At least 90% of my fish so far this year have come on the sink tip line. Yes, I've been using it a bit more to make sure I get the feel for it, but it really helps to be able to reach more parts of the water column.

My only issue I've had so far is that once this line gets dry on the boat deck, it loves to twist up on itself. I'm sure that the fact that I am casting flies the size of small chickens through the air has something to do with the twisting, but none of the other flylines have done it to this degree. I'm trying to figure out if I can change anything in my leader setup that might help with this.

Overall, I think this stuff ROCKS!! I may soon be setting up another reel with this line to have another pattern ready to go at anytime. So, anyone out there that might be lookin for a sinking line should definitely at least consider the RIO line. Good stuff.

Jay