www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend on the Flowage

Default Weekend on the Flowage

Came up for Saturday and Sunday to fish muskies. First time on the Flowage for this year. Right away we saw a low 40's fish swimming along the top making wakes. The fish was acting funny, it would wake along then once the boat got close it would splash all over then go back to waking. We followed the fish for ~10 minutes while it did this and threw everything but the boat anchor at it. Finally we got bored with chasing this fish around the lake and moved on. Had one blow up a topwater in the morning on our second spot but not get hooked. Later in the afternoon got a 46" on a topwater. That was it for Saturday as the rain pushed us off the lake. Sunday morning we got a 32" on a jerk bait within 10 casts and had another over 40 follow up to the boat on topwater but could not convert the 8. We only fished for a couple hours Sunday and headed home. All in all a great trip. All the fish came from weeds for the most part. The missed fish and the follow came between the shore and weed edge. The fish we landed were on the edge.

Also, if anyone is thinking about getting iPilot Link, I would strongly recommend it. This weekend was the first time on the water with a map card installed to use "follow the contour" feature. This system works great! I would say in the time we were on the water I manually ran the trolling motor maybe 10-15 minutes? In the wind I could see it not being as accurate but many of the features work wonders when structure fishing.

Thanks for the report. Nice work. Is that your girlfriend? If so I have a lot to tell her. For one, the fact that you wore a dress all day long on our guide trip.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

That is, I have been long avoiding that conversation. Who am I kidding, she has seen the photos. I have uploaded the video to YouTube in hopes to become someone famous like you Ty Sennett. Check it out if you got a minute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvWI3...eature=mh_lolz See ya!

Aaron

That's some good stuff. Thanks Aaron. I like the way you stepped into the hookset. Us skinny guys have to throw our weight around sometimes. Congrats. Mostly congrats on the fact that you found a girl to be your friend.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Cool vid Mullet ! As usual, the fish decided to eat just when the angler looked away. They sense any weakness-I swear.
    -Jon