Boy how time flies when you are busy. Fishing has been outstanding. The guides are doing most of their fishing on Sharpe, with some fishing south of town and also below the dam. It has been a 50/50 thing with minnows and crawlers. We are catching 50 to 100 plus fish per day. Still waiting for the smallmouth bite to get going. You can go and catch them, but they are not jumping in the boat. Also a decent white bass and catfish bite below the dam.

Here is my report starting May 22.

On May 22 I had an outstanding day of fishing with a group from West DesMoines, IA. I started their 3 day trip with a 70 fish day with a limit of walleyes and smallies. They fished the next 2 days with the teacher (my dad Garry) and had a fabulous trip.

On May 23 and 24th I had a group out from Sioux Falls, SD. I have fished with these guys for 14 years. On day 1 went spent the time and caught our limit of walleyes and smallmouth. Caught 70 fish. On day 2, we fished a short day of 45 fish by 11:00 a.m. Another fabulous trip.

On May 25 and 26 I had a group out from Minneapolis, MN. 2 outstanding days of fishing with limit of walleyes and smallmouth both days. On day 2 we caught 5 smallies over 18. Caught 175 fish in 2 days.

On May 27th I guided a family from the Minneapolis area. I have been guiding this group off and on for the last 15 years with 100% limit success. We caught 75 fish with an 18 and 19 inch smally.

On May 28th I guided a group from Carroll, IA. Unbelievable fishing day. We caught a limit of smallies and walleyes. Caught 120 fish that day with our limit of walleyes by 9:00 a.m.

On may 29th and 30th I had a group out from Grand Island, NE. We caught 50 fish on day 1 with limit of walleyes and smallies. Day 2 a little tougher on the walleyes. Filled about noon. Then went and found a massive school of smallies and got them too. Also around 50 fish on day 2

On May 31 and June 1 I had a group out from Lincoln, Ne. High winds forced us to fish on the calm shoreline. Caught 30 fish with our limit (20) by 11:45. On June 1 we had the same winds, but from a different direction. Mad a change in venue and caught 35 fish with limit (20) by 12:15.

On June 2 I had the back side of a 3 day trip with a group from Des Moines. They fished with Brian Ward days 1 and 2, so I had a lot to live up to. We went out and enjoyed the nice day and caught 75 fish. I have been with this group for 15 years. They are coming back out later this month.

June 3 thru 5 I had a group out from Bloomsfield, CO and Hinton, IA. Days 1 and 2 we mostly fished walleyes, with some smallies because of the wind. We caught 140 the first 2 days, with 5 smallies short (we caught 25) of possession, and of course our limit of walleyes. Day 3 we fished for White Bass and Catfish. We caught 80 to 90 fish.

June 6 and 7 I had a group from Sioux Falls, SD. We caught 140 fish in 2 days. On day 2 we came in with the nicest stringer I have caught on Sharpe this year. We also released a 27 incher.

June 8 and 9 I had a family out from Owatanna, MN. This was their 10th year. We caught 70 fish on day 1 and over 90 fish on day 2. We figured between the 2 boats we caught 330 to 350 fish in the 2 days. Pretty awesome fishing!

June 10th (today) I had a group out from Council Bluffs and Harlan, IA. It does not get much better than this!! We caught 115 fish. Amoung our limit was 3 smallies over 17 and 7 crappies. Some good eating there.

Until next time
Mike Allen