I have not been able to get out as much as I would like but fishing is good right now. Mt daughter and I went out for a couple hour quick musky hunt. The water was in the low to mid 60's. We fished for about 2 hours and had 6 fish up, one that was in the low 40's all of them were somewhat lazy and in a non aggressive mood. Most fish were seen on small bucktails thrown over new weed growth. we tried real shallow to start with no action, we then moved a little deeper in the 6-8 foot range and immediately started seeing fish. My wife and Daughter and I went out for a little family fun and chasing some crappies for a good meal. We found the fish in the wood and small slip bobbers and minnows were the ticket. The first trees we went to we caught fish but they ran small so we made a couple moves and we found larger fish. It was just good fun! I will be out a lot this week chasing both walleye and primarily muskies this week. I will keep you posted how the week progresses. This past Friday I went up to Lake Superior to help a crew pre-fish for the upcoming Saxon Harbor tournament. It was a lot of fun, we ended up with 2 lakers and a coho that day. I did get a little interesting though, in the early afternoon we watched a storm build and starting moving very fast toward us. We quickly picked up and barely made refuge behind Madeline Island. We sat for a hour and decided to make a run for Saxon. It was rough but we thread between 2 other storms on the way in. I started raining just as we entered the Harbor. The first storm was packing 50 Knot winds. The big lake deserves all the respect in the world.

Good Fishing,