www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Summer walleye bag limit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been sayin for years there needs to be a size limit. To many people are keeping fish that are only 13-14 inches let them grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    I've been sayin for years there needs to be a size limit. To many people are keeping fish that are only 13-14 inches let them grow up.
    Agree. And it needs to be a sensible size limit structure. With walleyes a minimum - slot size no keep or minimum plus one fish over type limits seem to work the best.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Just be happy that the size limit isn't like it is on some Mercer area lakes, 3 fish with only 1 being over 14 inches, now wouldn't that be great.
    Don Pemble

George
    Thanks for your thoughts on walleye limits in the State Of Wisconsin. This is the first truly balanced view of this subject I've seen or heard. This is my 62nd year fishing in the northwoods and I fish a lot of places. I hope I am around to see the effect of the new limits because I know it is going to pay dividends.