Well the 2013 long awaited musky opening weekend has ended.... Some stories were by the book and others were off the charts. It didn't surprise me much with the spring being almost nonexistent.. Cold morning air temps in the low 40s, and the water temps ranging somewhere around 58 degrees. Weeds were spotty with majority being cabbage along shoreline. With the fish just about finished with their spawning it seems the males were the active ones... Which lead to fewer inches ending up in the boat. Our take this Memorial day weekend was a whoppen 6 fish ranging in length from upper 20's to just over 41 inches. The total take for the annual tournament I hosted was 11 fish with winning fish measuring 41.5 inches long. Hot patterns were slowly twitching slammer crank baits. Casting tight to cover was the favorable action... Key statement to remember..... SLOW retrieve.....with LONG pauses. There also was a little success with small bucktails. Thanks to everyone who took part in the tournament and congrats to the winners...... It was a great time had by all... see you next year!!!! Hope you enjoy a couple pictures from my boat.... stay tuned for more updated pictures to come.
Good luck and great fishing!!!
~Bryan

Attachment 19852Attachment 19853Attachment 19854Attachment 19855