www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Memorial Day Fishing report

Default Memorial Day Fishing report

I went out with Rachel in the morning for a couple hours and we muskie fished the whole time. Rachel caught one right away on a Stillwater that was 39 inches long. I caught one that was 38 inches right after that on a Cowgirl. We went in for lunch and fished a couple more hours and Rachel caught a 36 incher on a Stillwater. We had one follow a Flowage Boa Jr. and two go after pacemakers but didn't hook up. We had one other follow a glider twice but didn't get it to hit. There isn't much for weeds out there yet but the fish are pretty active. I've got crappie and walleye tomorrow so no muskie until Wednesday.

Good luck,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Hi there. My family and I will be up there next week. I have been Musky fishing for about 5 years with unimpressive results. Only 2. Both under 30 inches. I've fished the Chippewa Flowage a few times with no success for musky. I'm not looking for any secrets. Just some pointers on structure and lures. We will be staying an Chief Lake. Any help would be awesome. Thanks for any help u can offer.

My first advice would be to get out of Chief Lake if you want to catch muskies. I don't mean stay somewhere else, just don't fish for muskies in Chief lake. They haven't stocked Chief lake in years so there isn't a real fishable population in there. Other than that try Ghosttails, Flowage Boas, Big Game twitchbaits and Pacemakers. Every year those are the four best baits to use. Structure changes every year on the Chip but look for weeds and fish the edges of them.

Good luck,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com