www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Wednesday greeted my client and I with a fairly strong NE wind and 48 degree temps, not the type of weather one would consider good walleye conditions. Using 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we started out on the hot spot we had fished the day before and we found nothing but a tiny smallie. Deciding to try some deeper water with a softer bottom was the magic ticket as we found many eyes in 6 to 8 feet of water. A very slow jigging method was needed and sometimes just a slow bottom dragging retrieve done the trick as these fish just grabbed the bait and pretty much came toward the boat with our retrieve, for the most part you never knew you had a bite except for the tension on your line. The best bite of the day came from a 12 inch runt that jerked the rod when it hit, all the others were good quality eyes that ranged from 16 to 19 inches and you hardly knew they were on your line, Go Figure.

Back out today with the same wind direction only colder temps, 38 degrees right now.

Don's Guide Service
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Thumbs down Bag LImit not changed after latest revision as of May 23, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pemble View Post
    Wednesday greeted my client and I with a fairly strong NE wind and 48 degree temps, not the type of weather one would consider good walleye conditions. Using 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we started out on the hot spot we had fished the day before and we found nothing but a tiny smallie. Deciding to try some deeper water with a softer bottom was the magic ticket as we found many eyes in 6 to 8 feet of water. A very slow jigging method was needed and sometimes just a slow bottom dragging retrieve done the trick as these fish just grabbed the bait and pretty much came toward the boat with our retrieve, for the most part you never knew you had a bite except for the tension on your line. The best bite of the day came from a 12 inch runt that jerked the rod when it hit, all the others were good quality eyes that ranged from 16 to 19 inches and you hardly knew they were on your line, Go Figure.

Back out today with the same wind direction only colder temps, 38 degrees right now.

Don's Guide Service
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Hi Don I see with the latest revision of Bag limits the TFF stayed at 2, sad but true. Catch and eat.