Anglers

Here is updated fishing report as things are starting to change fast and really there is a variety of fishing to be be had in the Northwoods right now. Here is a quick run down of what I have seen over the last few days and the predictions for the up coming holiday weekend.

First I have been still going to the big deep clear lakes (Trout, Black Oak, etc... picking up on some post spawn walleyes in the gravel spawning areas. These water temps have been 45 to 53. Fishing in the evening has been the best on these lakes with also a early morning bite as well.

Next I have been on the both the Three Lakes and Eagle River chains looking and finding very very small pockets of green weeds. These green weeds are little pockets of gold as the fish are all over them. These water temps are in the 58-61 degree ranges and some of the best fishing has been in the middle of day! You get a good mixed bag of fish from walleyes, to pike, crappies and perch.

The last lakes that I have been fishing are really shallow with water temps 63+ and I have been targeting crappies which are just starting to come in and we have been catching mostly males crappies which has been excellent.

For the up coming weekend look for everything to continue to get better revolving around the weeds bite and the post spawn in the the deep clear lakes to be ending. It should be an excellent weekend to be on the water.