We are having a tremendous spring of fishing. It has been good on pretty much the whole northern third of Francis Case. Also real good from the dam to Iron Nation. You can pick your spot depending on the weather. (That is where the guide comes in). On Lake Francis Case, it is 50% minnows and 50% crawlers. On Sharpe it is still a minnow bite. The plug bite is also good. Smally bite is ok, not great yet, but should get better as Lake Sharpe warms up. The guides are catching 50 to 100 fish per day.

Here is my report for the week.

Starting Thursday May 9 and 10 I had a group out from Lacrosse, WI. Day 1, it took us a while to get our limit. We worked at it and ended up with a nice bunch of walleyes. I think it was the Reno effect. We caught 40 to 50 fish. On day 2 we had a much easier day. We caught 60 fish and ended up with a limit of walleyes from 18 to 22 inches.

Sat and Sunday (11th and 12th) I had a group from Denver, Co and Mt Vernon, MO. 2 outstanding days of fishing. On day 1 we caught 40 fish with a 23 incher. On day 2 we caught 50 fish, with another dandy stringer of walleyes.

On Monday and Tuesday I had a group Springfield, MO and Ft Madison, Ia. On day 1 we caught 40 fish. It took all day to find a good school, but we finished very strong. My dad nicknamed me last minute limit on that trip. On day 2, we had an outstanding morning beating a 40 mph wind. We caught 35 fish by 11:00 a.m.

On Wed I had a group out from Plattesmouth, NE. I have guided this group off and on since 1989. We had an outstanding day catching 65 fish. Thanks to Kelly for getting us started. He caught 9 of the first 10 keepers.

On Thursday I had a group out from Ft Dodge, IA. Made a change in venue to try and post a limit of walleyes and smallies. We ended up catching 40 fish. Limit of walleyes and smallies. Got pushed off by mother nature just after dinner.

On Friday and Saturday I had a group out from Lincoln, NE. On day 1 walleye fishing only. We caught 90 to 95 fish with a nice stringer of 17 to 20 inch fish. On because of weather we made a change of venue. We had one heck of a day. Limit walleyes, limit smallies with a trophy 4 pounder, trophy Northen Pike (weighed 15.5 lbs after sitting in cooler all day), and a 4 to 5 lb catfish. Overall caught 50 to 55 fish.

Until next time
Mike Allen