The ice was completely gone from Kakagi (Crow) Lake this past Wednesday.... and is the latest ice out we have seen since buy the resort in 2007.

Lake Trout - Jigging was real good early in the week, mostly in the 80' waters adjacent to large 40-50' waters. The last couple days I'm seeing lots of fish come in high on the graph and swim down. Trolling started slow for the week but became really good for some this weekend. One Husband and Wife team caught 6 Lake Trout trolling Friday AM. The 4 to 6 pound Lake Trout seem to be the most common and biggest I know about was 8 pounds. The coming weeks should be a mix of Lake Trout feeding up high and best caught trolling and periods of feeding deep and needing to jig for them.

Walleye/Crappie - only one day into the Walleye season and three boats on Lake of the Woods. Boat #1 comes in and says "fishing sucks!" one fish for 4 guys. Boat #2 comes in and says "We caught limits of Walleye, just barely and one Northern Pike". Boat #3 comes in and says very little... limits of Crappies and Walleyes. This a pretty common pattern we will see through most of the season. Biggest Walleye was 4.5 pounds - very nice size, but not huge.

Most exciting catch of the week was a Sea Gull that stole a minnow and managed to get hooked. The Gull fought all over the bay, creating quite a stir. I netted the bird and freed it from the fishing line, so all is good.

Other items --

One boat and trailer came in on a flatbed - axle broke on the trailer. Coming from Illinois the wheel came off just after crossing the border into Canada. I think Jenny has some pictures she will be adding to facebook soon. We encourage all to check over your trailers before the long journey, but some times things will break down anyhow.

Regards,