Quote Originally Posted by Cdet View Post
My buddy and I fished 2 different lakes around the lake Gogebic area today. The first lake the fish were still spawning. We caught 8 between 16 and 24 inches right where the river came into the lake innthe first hour we were fishing, we launched at 230am and started catching right away. We hit a lull around 6am and couldn't get a bite so moved lakes and picked up 2 22 inch males that were gorging on perch fry. They were stuffed full of food. Those fish came from a rocky humpy area. Overall a great opener we got our 10 by 1030am and released 15 undersized fish. All on jig and minnow except for one random pig on a crawler and slip bobber.
Sounds like you hade a great time like i did. I finally got my boat out fri and sat in those two days i caught 107 walleyes 5 pike 3 smallies...no perch! I was picking fish off all day,but they were spread out on bites. By luck i ran into a huge school of walleyes and couldnt keep up reeling my poles in and rebaiting poles. The second day i decided to hit the same spot a little bit earlier and had the same outcome, needless to say i dont think i will get to experience what i did there for a long time. biggest eye was only 23.25 but still had a blast catching and releasing.