www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: May 1st ICE Condition Update

Cool May 1st ICE Condition Update

Well guys we’re getting closer to opening day and we’re going to be cutting it razor-thin on any ice out. All hope is not lost, though. In my travels throughout the area I’ve seen several lakes that are very close – all it would take would be some wind and we could see these lakes open up. As of right now, though, all we have are some rivers. You have to go down as far as Tomahawk to find open water of any kind. Up here in Boulder Junction we’re pretty socked in. The two lakes that I’ve seen that have the best chance of opening are Upper Gresham and Little Crooked. If you’re coming up to the Boulder area to fish, be prepared to travel as the lakes that I’ve seen that could get open are scattered all over the place – one here, one there. There are going to be some good bank fishing spots come opener and those big, deep, clear lakes are going to be quite a while yet. The latest I’ve seen Trout Lake’s ice go out was May 18 in 1996 and this year could rival that – that baby is still white. I will continue to be moving around the area and will try to post more before the opener but I’m set and ready to go and my customers and I WILL be on open water Saturday morning!

That’s it for now. Talk to you soon.
    Jeff
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313

Hi Folks
    Hope is waning fast. We got exactly the weather we did not want. Its snowing and the temp is 26 and falling. I do not expect any open water throughout the Boulder Jct,Winchester,Manitowish Waters and Presque Isle Areas. Minocqua and St Germain areas are also in bad shape.Some of the big waters like Trout may not be open by Mothers Day weekend. Tomahawk area is the closest open body of water I found other than the rivers.I am still watching 2 or 3 puddle lakes that have a slight chance.good luck Jeff
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313

Jeff:

During my trip to Three Lakes last night, I observed that Watersmeet on the E.R. Chain was open and the north half of Rangeline was open. Also, the south third of Mid Lake was open on the Minocqua Chain.

Mark