www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend Results?

Default Weekend Results?

It was a pretty tough one for my boat with only 1 musky landed. We did manage an accidental 7lb. walleye, 4.5 pound smallmouth and 30" pike while chucking musky baits both days.

Just wondering if the ultra-high pressure/blue skies made things rough for anyone else??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

It was a tough one for my boat parked in the darn garage all weekend..so you know, it could of been worse......he he....

I did get a bunch of projects finished I needed to do. I broke one of my own rules this year for some stupid reason (never start any remolding that can't be finished before the end of march)

It wasn't bad until a buddy sent me a pic from the water, then I wasn't feeling so good about all I had got done.............besides fishin!!!!

I think it's been a tough spring overall. This was the first decent weather weekend Dad and I have had to fish this year. We've caught some fish so far, but this weekend gave us the first good fish we've got this spring. Got 4 muskies and some incidental catches over the weekend. Saturday was definitely better than Sunday for us. I expect fishing to pick up since they should be done spawning most places.
    Attachment 19699

Nice Fish!!! Bill!

Looks like a linebacker. Nice fish!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Great fish Adam!
    I was having a nice pre-spawn run, but that all came to a halt mid-April. Haven't gotten one to the net in the last 4 trips out. I was out last Friday and had one hot follow on one of my bucktails and spotted 4 other muskies laying up in the flats. They still wanted nothing to do with eating. Temps were still ranging between 50 and 60 and the water was too clear for this time of year.

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a great fish for several different reasons, especially since it was the first day we ever fished the lake. What can I say...Big Fish Bill

Moved two missed two. Fish were spawning on the river, spent a few hours smallmouth fishing and did really well.

Hey Red it's Mark. We had the same high skies over here in Jersey on Sunday and I had four follows and one bite in a 10 minute span. Made the bite count. That's the shirt I got from you that I'm wearin'. Got some slime on it now. My first 40+ tiger too. 42 to be exact.

Attachment 19725

Sweet tiger. Nice, thick fish.

That sure is a pretty fish, Mark. Congrats!

You may want to bring the shirt with you in 3 weeks just in case we need some luck.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Thanks Red. I was gonna bring the shirt anyway, but I got a hunch we won't need any good luck charms. Hope I'm right.

Lots of good looking fish so far guys, congrats! I've been doing well, got a mid 40" fish on the fly first time out, boatside on the L turn.

Nice Fish TRE. All these pics are making me jealous. I have yet to cast a muskie lure this year. Doctor should clear me soon to starting casting muskie equipment again. Fishing for trout and eyes isn't cutting it.

Thanks CBand. What did you have done?? I've been doing pretty well trolling if you just want to reel one in :) The top fish ate my new 9" bait, the SchossShank!

Nice, quality fish Evan. Good job.

TRE,

I had my labrum and bicep tendon repaired. It took 8 anchors to fix it. I was actually fishing up on Chautauqua in October when it became unbearable to fish with. The casting motion actually made the tear worse from initial tear in July to October. I was holding out to get a winter surgery to be back for this summer.

Nice looking lure.

Ouch!! I had a gymnast friend in college who tore his bicep and went through a ton of rehab to get back on track. Hopefully you'll be ready to go soon with that bionic arm, just giving the fish a little more time to recuperate! Good luck man, and thanks for the compliments, guys.

Shoulder/Rotator Cuff injuries are no fun at all especially while trying to chuck big baits. Hopefully you heal up and are as good as new, Chris.

Evan,

Apparently, you got some "redemption" with your "SchossShank" bait. (Couldn't resist.) I like that oversized eyeball too!

Congrats on scoring a beauty on the fly! I really wish my chronic tennis elbow would stop so I could do more fly fishing stuff.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Thanks Red! It's about the same sense of relief when someone gets my humor as to when a fish actually eats my baits...

We had frost on the ground both Saturday and Sunday mornings up here in Siberia!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Looks like they're saying this weekend is going to be hot, sticky and cloudy. That would be nice. See you Saturday Red.

We moved some fish on the Lower Allegheny Memorial Day Weekend. This was the biggest 41"
    Attachment 19869

We moved several VERY nice fish last weekend and Mark had 1 go around 5x on the 8 but just would not eat. Here are a couple pics of fish that were not so lucky. We did pretty well considering the river temps dropped 8 degrees for the weekend.

Attachment 19943Attachment 19944
    Last edited by Red Childress; 06-06-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

By the background looks like you had plenty of water to fish!
    Nice job, lots of boat controlling going on with outflows like that.
    The smiles looks like it all paid off, congrats!

I was thinking the same thing about the water. Now I'm glad I didn't drive up to camp last weekend, but sometimes that water can stir them up.

We had a blast Red, thank you so much. No doubt we gave it hell and the effort on your part is sincerely appreciated. I was talking to Gabe, and between that fish that missed on the 8, the fish that missed off the boat and the fish he missed on the 8, that one fish could have easily turned into four. We definitely saw a lot of fish, which I thought was pretty damn good considering the drop in water temps. I was still pumped when I got home, and went out and stuck this one 45 minutes from my house 3 days later in Jersey. 46 inches, burning the Double 10's on the Tranx. Thanks again Red. We'll definitely do it again.
    Attachment 19955

Nice Fish! catfishonthelake!

Thanks man!

Thanks, Mark. We definitely fished our butts off but just could not force most of them to eat. As soon as you guys left, they stopped pulling from the bottom gates and the temps jumped back up in the 60's. LOL

I guess your plan about burning those D-10's with the Tranx worked to perfection. Nice job!

Thanks again and good luck!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress