www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice off: Lake of the Falls?

Default Ice off: Lake of the Falls?

So the TFF is probably going to be mostly ice yet for the opener....

Is Lake of the Falls open yet?

How far below the falls is 'protected' for the walleye? All the way down to the point where it opens up wide into "the flowage proper"?

I'm going to be up this weekend with a bunch of brothers-in-law. I don't want to be stuck in the cabin with all 9 guys for the whole weekend.

Default Flowage Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff Fish View Post
    So the TFF is probably going to be mostly ice yet for the opener....

Is Lake of the Falls open yet?

How far below the falls is 'protected' for the walleye? All the way down to the point where it opens up wide into "the flowage proper"?

I'm going to be up this weekend with a bunch of brothers-in-law. I don't want to be stuck in the cabin with all 9 guys for the whole weekend.
    I just looked at the flowage level, up lots, discharge doubled. Melting going on for sure. Good to see that. Wont be up until Memorial day week. Looking forward to that once again. Beautiful day down here in Milwaukee.

Ruff Fish:

I haven't been up there in a coon's age, so can't remember, but there is generally signage regarding the start of the refuge along the shore... There may be some trout streams in that area, that might have come down enough to fish... or there is Lake Superior at Saxon from the break walls... Or sneak below the Flowage dam and check that area out, might be refuge here also... Or even sneak down to Midway and check with those folks, they might be able to give you a couple of spots to try in the area as well

Mark

Well,

I just called the DNR Ranger Station in Mercer. They have the refuge marked, and even have a buoy in the water at the line. There isn't much water between the ice and the refuge...so it's probably going to be a zoo there come Saturday.

Bait expense - down. Beer expense - up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
    Ruff Fish:

I haven't been up there in a coon's age, so can't remember, but there is generally signage regarding the start of the refuge along the shore... There may be some trout streams in that area, that might have come down enough to fish... or there is Lake Superior at Saxon from the break walls... Or sneak below the Flowage dam and check that area out, might be refuge here also... Or even sneak down to Midway and check with those folks, they might be able to give you a couple of spots to try in the area as well

Mark
    Thanks Mark.

I appreciate it. I'll see what I can get them interested in.