www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: change of ownership at AML

Default change of ownership at AML

Press Release, Industry,guests,friends Announcement
    Subject: Andy Myers Lodge, Change of Ownership
    Dateline: 4/25/13
    For Immediate Release:
    Andy Myers Lodge, the new generation lodge with the old world feel, is undergoing a change of ownership. Steve Herbeck is pleased to announce that effective for the 2013 season; the doors will open to the next generation of ownership. Steve is excited about the new transition, as it will provide him and his son Danny the opportunity to continue a long term relationship with AML and the opportunity for Steve to pursue his true calling in life, with renewed enthusiasm and passion. According to Steve, the transition will free him from the day-to-day management stress that has taken its toll, both physically and mentally over the years. With a tear in his eye and a lump in his throat, Steve told this reporter that what he wants most is to spend his remaining years back where and how it all started, on Beautiful Eagle Lake, guiding and educating AML guests and his many long time clients and friends. “It’s a return to my roots and the simple things, like taking guests out fishing and devoting more quality time, sharing knowledge and experiences with the anglers”, Steve said.
    In addition to his seasonal activities at the Lodge, Steve plans to return to a more active life as an educator and instructor, doing TV segments, helping at Sport Shows and other media driven events in the off season, to help bring AML to the next level of excellence. Steve also mentioned, with emotion, that those close to him in the industry, as well as friends and guests, have enthusiastically supported and understood his decision and couldn’t wait to get back to the lodge in 2013.
    The new owner, Julian Kalka, brings a wealth of knowledge and hands on experience to the Lodge. Julian, born and raised in Dryden Ontario, has over 20 years of experience working in the resort business. He began his career at a young age, as a dock hand moving to dock manager on Eagle Lake, guiding and eventually working his way up in all operational aspects to the position of assistant manager. Jullian is well respected in the fishing industry and has forged relationships with many of the top anglers in America, Like Spence Petros and others. He is highly motivated, very organized and is realizing a life-long dream, of owning a resort in Canada. He plans to continue to build upon the success that Steve Herbeck and his staff have achieved at Andy Myers Lodge.
    Regular operations and activity formats at Andy Myers Lodge will continue normally, with the friendly and familiar faces you’ve come to know and enjoy over the years. The fishing season opens on 5/25/13 and continues through 10/19 with the traditional, late season trophy musky hunts. The trophy deer hunting season follows and that runs to mid-November. According to Steve and Julian, nothing will change at the lodge, except to improve upon the AML experience, in every aspect. Steve, Danny, the regular guides, and support staff will be there every day, to serve their guests with a friendly smile and a helpful offering to enrich the experience.
    Andy Myers Lodge is located on beautiful Eagle Lake in Vermilion Bay, Ontario Canada. For more on Andy Myers Lodge or information contact Julian Kalka or Steve Herbeck at www.andymyerslodge.com or email info@andymyerslodge.com . Phone 807-227-2610 or 888-727-5865
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

To all my friends,collegues,guests present and future,
    the above post is a formal release of information.
    i wanted to say a few words personally and just want everyone to know that i am not leaving you. i am there indefinatly as long as i am physically able to,no diff than if i still owned it.all of you have been and are my life,with out you all i have nothing and nothing will change at camp except hopefully i will live longer enjoying what i love to do most.
    many of you have seen and commented in the past several years how you could see how the stress of doing it all was taking it's toll on me and i have taken it to heart.
    i will be there for you all,i will get more time on the water with guests,more time to socialize and have fun,and have more energy to devote to helping and instructing guests.
    dannys on board ready to rock and the guides will all be there and a great dock and kitchen/hskpg staff to take care of you.
    julian will do a great job or organizing and actually running the day to day operations.he is great guy who wants to do whatever it takes and become friends with you all too. i am trying to personally call and talk to with as many as i can. please do not be afraid to give me a call i will look forward to each and every one. it has been heart warming for me as everyone though some surprised have been very supportive and can't wait to come up and spend time as always and look mforward to many good times together.
    steve herbeck
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Herbie,
    I want to say that this is an emotional event for a lot of us, but I also think it is a great thing for you and for AML. Everybody tells me that Julian is a great guy, whom I look forward to meeting very much. He is a local, highly experienced in the business, and said by all to be a real people person. He wants to run the business and continue to build on the success you have made of the lodge. And then to have you still there and focused on the fishing is a real home-run. I can hardly wait to go out some evening looking for big fish together when you are relaxed, not checking your cell phone for client calls, or worried about whether the inspector is coming to look at the water treatment system, or any of a thousand other things...just the lake and the weather and the fish. As you know, I'm booked for a solid month this year and looking forward to it more than ever. Can't wait to see old and new friends up at AML!
    Bill

Steve,
    Congrats again on your new venture/adventure. It was great talking to you the other day and Blake and I are very happy for you. Sad that we are going to have to miss this year, but Blake needs this internship for his Chemical Engineering Degree. I guess that just gets me closer to him footing the bill! Say hi to everyone for us and we will see you next year and we will hold you to at least one day on the lake. If anything changes and Blake gets a few days off I will give you a shout. Give Julian our congrats as well, he is taking over a great resort. We look forward to meeting him.
    Mark & Blake

Congrats Steve for getting back to your roots and Congrats to Julian for taking on the task of ownership!!!

Mark