www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Do you believe it?

Default Do you believe it?

According to theweatherchannel.com Thursdays high is 35 with a snow/rain mix. By Sunday it calls for a high of 69.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USWI0444:1:US

If this is the case, you'd think the ice would be out by the opener. I am extremely skeptical.. but theres got to be a reason behind it! If this is the case, it looks like we are going to just skip spring this year! Well, hopefully they're right for the first time in a few months

No kidding.
    I was up in Mercer this weekend...had to shovel a ton of snow just to find my grill. Blew out the driveway..

It's all snow filled again already!

I thought that I saw 53 on Thurs, with 60 on Friday. Who cares? The weather report will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff Fish View Post
    No kidding.
    I was up in Mercer this weekend...had to shovel a ton of snow just to find my grill. Blew out the driveway..

It's all snow filled again already!

I thought that I saw 53 on Thurs, with 60 on Friday. Who cares? The weather report will change.
    ...and the ice will go off when it does... We are going to need a lot of days to get rid of the ice. First there is almost 20" of new snow on the ice to get rid of, then the business of ice melting can start...

Mark

How much damage is a few days of 60 degrees gonna do to the ice? Im not seeing much for rain in the forecast, but i see the overnight lows will remain in the mid 40s. Someone, please keep us posted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by byronbears84 View Post
    How much damage is a few days of 60 degrees gonna do to the ice? Im not seeing much for rain in the forecast, but i see the overnight lows will remain in the mid 40s. Someone, please keep us posted!!!
    Byron, just start watching the Deer Lodge and Getaway cabin webcams, lot's of melting happened yesterday alone. http://justgetaway-cabin.com/Webcam.html

HRG

Advance forecast for the next ten days calls for temps in the high 40's to 70 degrees, winds in the teens, and an average of 40% chance of rain, Tuesday through Saturday. Lots of rain with wind, along with the Flowage rising to 1570+' might be the ticket for ice out. I'd have to think that the pressure below the ice from the rising water level would put a ton of strain on the ice, along with rain and wind. Good luck guys!

Where is the location on the flowage of the getaway cabin webcam?

Quote Originally Posted by luv2brw View Post
    Where is the location on the flowage of the getaway cabin webcam?
    from this map on their website, they appear to be close to DeadHorse http://justgetaway-cabin.com/images/map1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
    from this map on their website, they appear to be close to DeadHorse http://justgetaway-cabin.com/images/map1.jpg
    It's looking pretty "watery" near shore on this cam. I can't get The Gateway webcam to work - for almost a week. The Dear Lodge was working for me yesterday, but not today. The Mercer CofC is working well.

I'd love to be able to see The Gateway and The Dear Lodge cams....I'm right in between them. So, naturally, those are the two not working!

Anybody know if Lake of the Falls is open?

I would imagine 77 with some rain in the forecast is going to do a looooot of damage to the ice. Hopefully someone can give us a heads up here shortly!

Byron, it was just reported by the Tiny Fisherman and Flambeau Fluffy in the last few days that there was 30 inches of ice, the ice won't be out after a day or two of 70 degree temps. keep checking their updates.
    Don Pemble

Yep, I saw that. I dont expect the ice to be completely gone... I was just wondering how much was taken off.