Hi Strubedog,

Are you from the area? Do you fish Lake Gogebic much?

My name is Tim Long and Chairman of the Walleyes For Tomorrow Lake Gogebic Chapter. I would first like to say Thank You! for attending the W.F.T. banquet. It is sure to be a good time. We will have a lot raffle tables with really nice products for the outdoor enthusiast. Guns, fishing equipment, camping, etc, that you will have the opportunity to win, along with a good meal and beverages. While supporting a good cause
I will be the emcee for this event so please stop by and introduce yourself to me. It looks like we might have a record turn out this year. We have more people registered for the event to date than we have had at this time our previous 3 years. Previous years we have had around 100 people for each of the banquets.

We just completed our Perch Spawning Habitat Tree drop for this year on April 10th, We did seven different drops around the lake in key perch spawning locations. We will be monitoring our work until the perch spawn. We have evidence that the perch are using the structure that we are creating for their spawning. This has help the fishery in two ways. It increase the Perch population for the sportsman but it also a natural forage base for the walleye. Increasing the natural forage in the lake is helping to maintain a good growth rate for the walleyes in Lake Gogebic.

So again, Thank You for attending our W.F.T. Banquet. Look forward to meeting and please spread the word!

Thanks,

Tim Long