www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone else going to the walleyes for tomorrow banquet

Default Anyone else going to the walleyes for tomorrow banquet

Planning on attending. I have never been to a fishing banquet so will be a first but looking forward to it.

Hi Strubedog,

Are you from the area? Do you fish Lake Gogebic much?

My name is Tim Long and Chairman of the Walleyes For Tomorrow Lake Gogebic Chapter. I would first like to say Thank You! for attending the W.F.T. banquet. It is sure to be a good time. We will have a lot raffle tables with really nice products for the outdoor enthusiast. Guns, fishing equipment, camping, etc, that you will have the opportunity to win, along with a good meal and beverages. While supporting a good cause
    I will be the emcee for this event so please stop by and introduce yourself to me. It looks like we might have a record turn out this year. We have more people registered for the event to date than we have had at this time our previous 3 years. Previous years we have had around 100 people for each of the banquets.

We just completed our Perch Spawning Habitat Tree drop for this year on April 10th, We did seven different drops around the lake in key perch spawning locations. We will be monitoring our work until the perch spawn. We have evidence that the perch are using the structure that we are creating for their spawning. This has help the fishery in two ways. It increase the Perch population for the sportsman but it also a natural forage base for the walleye. Increasing the natural forage in the lake is helping to maintain a good growth rate for the walleyes in Lake Gogebic.

So again, Thank You for attending our W.F.T. Banquet. Look forward to meeting and please spread the word!

Thanks,

Tim Long
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Buy your ticket stubedog, I got the o.k. from the lady. Can't wait to get out there with ya again. I also haven't heard much on the walleye tourney, is it still going planned?

If anyone is interested in going to the banquet they can contact Sandy Piencikowski by email at: cowski2@gmail.com
    seating will be limited to first 150 people that register.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Tim Long
    Walleyes for Tomorrow is a non profit organization; below is our mission statement

WALLEYES FOR TOMORROW
    MISSION

The mission of Walleyes For Tomorrow Inc. is to undertake projects and activities that will improve the quality of walleye populations.

This may be achieved by, but not limited to the following goals and methods.

a. Water quality improvement
    b. Habitat quality improvement
    c. Spawning protection
    d. Stocking
    e. Promotion and support of studies and research
    f. Education of the public to increase awareness of resource needs

Walleyes For Tomorrow will provide the needed resources to achieve the above through the fundraising efforts of local chapters.

Projects and activities may by accomplished by Walleyes For Tomorrow alone or in collaboration with other conservation orientated organizations, federal, state and local governmental agencies

GIVE A MAN A FISH, AND FEED HIM FOR A DAY

TEACH A MAN TO FISH, AND FEED HIM FOR LIFE
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Hi Tim, I am from central WI (Stevens Point). My folks have a place on Beatons Lake and the fishing stinks there and I didn't have anyone to fish with to go elsewhere. Chris and I have been fishing a number of times on the lake and hope to continue to learn it.

I would like to become an active member to help with projects etc...

I didn't buy my ticket as my wife doesn't know her work schedule. If I make it up I would definately like to go, can I buy a ticket at the door? I have a 12 year old that most likely would come, are there youth tickets like all of the hunting banquets? There is no way my wife will let him go for a $60 ticket.

Hi Strubedog,

First, I would like to say that we would love to have you and your son join us at the W.F.T. Banquet.
    We will have a very limited number of tickets available at the door. As far as a youth ticket price, I have discussed the youth ticket price idea with my other board members and we will offer you a discounted price on a ticket for your 12 year son. So, at this point I will refer you to another one of our board members (Sandy Piencikowski). Please call Sandy directly to make arrangements for your tickets. Her numbers is 920.252.1889

Thank you,

Tim Long
    Chairman
    Walleyes For Tomorrow
    Lake Gogebic Chapter
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910