Operation Muskie is proud to start a fund raising effort in order to support sending Veterans to participate in Operation Muskie 2013. Tyler’s Basement Creations: Custom Lure Painting has been a HUGE supporter of Operation Muskie. Each year, Tyler donated many of his beautiful hand crafted lures for our auction. This year, Tyler brought it to another level… he volunteered to custom paint 900 lures with ALL proceeds going to Operation Muskie. WOW! What a huge commitment. Not only does Tyler’s Basement Creations sell lures, but one of his specialties is custom painting lures. Send him a lure and for only $5 he provides you a custom paint job. If you have a favorite lure that needs re-painting or a lure that you don’t use much because of the color, take this opportunity to get it custom painted by Tyler. His work is VERY impressive.

Here is a link to Tyler’s Basement Creations: Custom Lure Painting: http://www.customlurepainting.com Check out his beautiful custom paint jobs!

Tyler donated 90 $50 gift certificates to Operation Muskie. That means if you receive one of these certificates, you can send Tyler 10 lures and he will custom paint them for you. There is a potential to raise $4500 for Operation Muskie. That is enough to send 3 Veterans on a well-deserved trip of a lifetime, supporting Veterans returning from recent combat deployments and providing them an opportunity to unwind.

Here is how this works. I have the gift certificates ready to be mailed. We are requesting a donation of a minimum $30 (retail value is $50). Make a donation and we’ll send you the certificate. I realize not everyone can afford to make a donation to the many great charities, but this is a great deal. Get a good price on having lures custom painted and know that 100% of your donation will go directly to Operation Muskie. It is also important to note that the entire Operation Muskie staff is volunteers. So 100% of Operation Muskie operating costs is to support Veterans!

How do you donate? The preferable way to make a donation is through the Operation Muskie web site on the “Donations” page. http://operationmuskie.com/home.html We have a credit card and pay pal option. Make a donation online. You will receive a confirmation email. Forward your confirmation email to me in an email (jwiegand@operationmuskie.com)
and please make sure you include your name & mailing address. I will mail you the certificate. There are instructions included with the certificate explaining how to get your lures re-painted. Essentially remove hooks & split rings, select a color pattern, send them to Tyler with the gift certificate, wait a week or two and get freshly custom painted baits.

Here is a statement that Tyler sent. it shows his passion to support Operation Muskie:
“Since the beginning of Tyler’s Basement Creations, I have prided myself in the quality of my lures and custom paint jobs. I have donated lures & gift certificates to Operation Muskie for 4 years. I am proud to be part of an organization that supports our veterans who have risked their lives to protect our country and the ones we love. I strongly support & believe in their mission, “putting thanks into action!” I’d like to thank you for participating in 2013’s fishing trip of a lifetime on Lake of the Woods.”
Tyler, THANKS for your continued support. Offering to custom paint 900 lures is truly impressive, very generous, and shows your passion for supporting a great cause!

Tyler, THANKS for your continued support. Offering to custom paint 900 lures is truly impressive, very generous, and shows your passion for supporting a great cause!