www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: kinkaid on sunday 3/31

Default kinkaid on sunday 3/31

Fished the afternoon for bass on Sunday and got skunked. Water temps ranged from about 49 all the way up to 57 in different areas. Threw just about everything I usually catch them on at kinkaid and never had a bite. Barely even marked any fish. I don't know where they are.

yeah i dont know either ive been out there bass and muskie fishing and got nothing to show for, however i did go out on crab and catch a bunch of crappie around the bridges, one day on minnows and the other on small tube jigs and grub tails, yesterday i was out on cedar for 3 hrs and caught about 10 bass, 1 over 3lbs one over 2lbs, the rest were 10-16inchers and i had one hog pop me off in the weeds, heading out there again now, they are shallow, but not sure if today will hold them as shallow as it was warmer yesterday and pretty sunny. i keep going back to kinkaid, but i just cant ever put anything together to keep me there when i know i can tear up some of the other lakes down here, i do really like kinkaid and all the different species you can fish for, and techniques to get them.

Yea cedar has been the only place I've got on fish this year. Word is that the crappie on cedar have moved up into the grass and if they aren't there they are suspended about 6' deep above brush piles. Just waiting for the water to warm up a bit so I can catch some more bass, did pretty good with suspending jerk baits the last few times out there.

well i would recommend getting out on cedar asap, i went yesterday from about 3pm-dusk, i was using the same thing, suspending jerk bait, i caught well over 10 bass, big one was 17 inches, couple small ones, but most were fairly nice bass, i broke of one bass, so i tied on a smaller supspending jerk bait since it had slowed down a bit, the size of the bass went down, but i did catch 3 nice sized crappies, i tried a spinnerbait for a while, but the water might need to go up about 5-10 degress for that. there is a fishing show i like to record called time on the water, it is on comcast sportsnet chicago, he fishing the midwest a lot especially illinois, only been recording it like a month or so, seen him fish cedar, kinkaid, kentucky lake, and sanchris lake in central il, on cedar they were slamming them on spinnerbaits, and the water was low 60s, so pretty soon, its hard to stay patient with a jerkbait when you arent catching consistant numbers of fish, it is pretty cool when they slam it when you least expect it though, i never really fished jerk baits a whole lot until this spring, kinda like it

Thanks for the reports fellas, I just got my boat in working order yesterday so I will be back to posting reports. BTW, fishing for bass on cedar is basically cheating .

The guy I work for was on cedar last nite and caught 5 over 4# the biggest was a shade under 6# on a white and chartruese spinnerbait Colorado blade.

Fished yesterday for 3 1/2 hours in the afternoon. Water temps were low 50's in the Dam area and as high as 65 in the backs of shallow coves. Caught 3 bass, biggest was 20".