www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Mauler: I have a question?

Default Musky Mauler: I have a question?

Musky Mauler,
    Do you know the history of Birch Point Lodge on the Flowage? And more specifically what do you know about the history of the old log cabin there which is the original structure?
    Thanks
    Cabin 4

I'll forward your question to somebody who might be able to answer. MM

Default Birch Point Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by Musky Mauler View Post
    I'll forward your question to somebody who might be able to answer. MM
    My family used to stay there for years (since the 60's!) and I believe was owned and operated by Al and Marge Feece for many years. I'm not sure if anyone owned it prior to the Feece's. Then Kevin and Jill from Kentucky took over operation of the resort. Sorry, I don't remember their last name. After that, a guy named Earl took it over before it got converted to condos. I believe Al Feece's daughter Sharon and Kevin still live in the Mercer area.

Quote Originally Posted by greylundman View Post
    My family used to stay there for years (since the 60's!) and I believe was owned and operated by Al and Marge Feece for many years. I'm not sure if anyone owned it prior to the Feece's. Then Kevin and Jill from Kentucky took over operation of the resort. Sorry, I don't remember their last name. After that, a guy named Earl took it over before it got converted to condos. I believe Al Feece's daughter Sharon and Kevin still live in the Mercer area.
    Thanks for the follow up. Yes I know Al Feece owned the place. Seem to recall someone with the name of Art Demik owned it for a while. I was not aware Feece's daughter took over for some time. I purchased the log cabin from Earl and knew him fairly well. Even fished with him a few times there.

There was a strong rumor that Joe Popko owned the place for some time but now sure if it was a resort back then or just a home. I'm told Al Capon and or some of his gang members stayed at Birch Point a time or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin 4 View Post
    Thanks for the follow up. Yes I know Al Feece owned the place. Seem to recall someone with the name of Art Demik owned it for a while. I was not aware Feece's daughter took over for some time. I purchased the log cabin from Earl and knew him fairly well. Even fished with him a few times there.

There was a strong rumor that Joe Popko owned the place for some time but now sure if it was a resort back then or just a home. I'm told Al Capon and or some of his gang members stayed at Birch Point a time or 2.
    I'm not sure about Al Capone but that would make sense about Joe Popko because I believe Marge's maiden name was Popko.

Where exactly was Birch Point Lodge located?
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Where exactly was Birch Point Lodge located?
    It was between Deadhorse and the Hideaway.

Thanks. Wouldn't you just love to have a dollar for every "Birch Point" anything there is in Wisconsin?
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.