www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone using Humminbird 360 Imaging??

Default Anyone using Humminbird 360 Imaging??

I was curious to see if any of you guys have tried out this newer technology or have at least seen it in action. The idea behind it seems very interesting but that setup is not cheap by any means.

Jay

These 360 and sidescan units are intriguing, but I don't know how much they would help me in a shallow river. Would be interested in finding out though.

I have a HDS7 gen 2 with HD SI. It is pretty cool, and very useful. The things I have found using the SI is incredible. I can see branches of trees and how they lay in the water, pick out individual fish in some schools of fish. Drop way points off the side of the boat to mark different structor.

Very useful, but it takes time to learn and it changes fishing in to a game of electronics. I never used the HB 360 it looks neat, my inital opinion is it might work real well for a bass guy pitching a jig in to stumps, ot lilly pad. I dont know how it would work out for power fishing. Still very cool stuff.

My brother has one of the SI units and we've seen some amazing views of structure too. I agree, not sure how much benefit there may be on the Musky side of things. The real interesting part of the 360 Imaging is being able to "see" 100+ feet in front of you. Now that could make things interesting. I would think that with access to that info as you're working along edges, you could make positional and/or presentation adjustments that could help a lot.