www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Out Contest

Deantre, you didn't follow the rules but I've got you down either way.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

With it being zero this morning, it doesn't look good for....

April 12,

Tim Hetzer

PS: Come on Global Warming......
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

thanks Ty, must have another senior moment.

May 8

Jim McKean

Just for your ice update,there's a lot of it. I'm guessing there is about twenty five inches of ice give or take depending on the area you drill. We had below zero temps again last night. That's twice this week. It was -14 on Sunday. Lucky for us March Madness has started so there's plenty of basketball to watch whole sitting by the warm fireplace.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

I guess May 9th would be the next date to be taken. Thank you.
    Stu escher

Tait Sennett
    April 11 if available

Ty,

To your knowledge when is the latest Ice Out?

Eye-Catcher

I don't remember ever missing a walleye opener due to ice. I'm sure it has happened but I don't recall it. I remember the ice going out two days before opener and doing really well that year.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    I don't remember ever missing a walleye opener due to ice. I'm sure it has happened but I don't recall it. I remember the ice going out two days before opener and doing really well that year.
    I recall the the lake going a day two before the opener once in the 70's I think it was 1976???-- fishing was fantastic i went up the eastfork and you could catch all the walleyes you wanted and some nice ones too. There was enough current so you just achored in the rapids by the resort and the fish were constant. I know I'll regret this but I had a wittness; I caught 3 walleyes on the same repalla 1 1/2, 2 and 3 pounds. Of course no one believed it. Limit was 5 then and you only had to go out an hour to catch them, there are pictures of big stringers at the trail. Buck- I'm sure you will say I'm spreading manure, but in reality you know I speak the truth!!!

Gordon Jay

May 10 if not taken,thanks.

There is still a lot of still here. It's not going out along shore much yet which is a good start.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

must of been looking out from one of those watering holes when you made that post

Actually from a Vegas airport. My buddies and I went out there to bet on the final four games. Good times!
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

More cold weather and snow coming the next couple days. Can I change my ice out guess to July 4th?

We lost a little ice in that wind yesterday but your right, cold weather coming in today. The one thing that might help melt lake ice will be the extra runoff when today's snow melts. I'd rather see rain though.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default Oh man....CHIP VET...

Quote Originally Posted by ChipVet View Post
    I recall the the lake going a day two before the opener once in the 70's I think it was 1976???-- fishing was fantastic i went up the eastfork and you could catch all the walleyes you wanted and some nice ones too. There was enough current so you just achored in the rapids by the resort and the fish were constant. I know I'll regret this but I had a wittness; I caught 3 walleyes on the same repalla 1 1/2, 2 and 3 pounds. Of course no one believed it. Limit was 5 then and you only had to go out an hour to catch them, there are pictures of big stringers at the trail. Buck- I'm sure you will say I'm spreading manure, but in reality you know I speak the truth!!!
    You have slipped more than I thought...next thing we will hear about you hiding your own easter egss....However, because of my Christian upbringing, I am going to believe this story...Last year I shot 4 deer with one shot with my bow...ran that Rage right through em all...damnest thing I have ever seen...Warden didn't seem to believe me...should be out on Huber by the opener.... BUCK NASTY.

Ty:

At first I didn't like my May 6th pick, but I am starting to get a little bit smug about it!!! But I would still rather be in a boat for the opener than back on ice...

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12