www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring Thaw

Cool Spring Thaw

Herbie,
    If you look into your crystal ball... How is the Spring thaw looking? How has the winter been up North... I got cabin fever and I need some Musky Mojo... I need that sow from North twin island this year... This year that fat b*tch is going to fall for my Mag Dawg... She was thick as a cinder block and as long as my 60" inch tape... Still can't get over her mouthing the tail of my Mag Dawg like a lollipop....

Cheers,
    John

how's it going big guy!!
    LEAVE THAT GIRL ALONE,SHE'S MINE!!! just kidd'n would rather you get her for sure.
    i will know a heck of alot more after a few days. heading up to see danny,get a couple days ice fishing with him in,and do some staff interviews,. after that i head straight to minnepolis nw show on the way home next thurs-sun.
    my prediction is a more normal or avg type of ice out,sometime late late april/most likely early may, 1st-10th somewhere unless the weather would take a drastic move and get a duration of real warm weather. could happen but still lots of snow on the ice,nothing has really melted as far as the ice,and it's below freezing at nite mid 20's or so getting up to just under or just over freezing mid day.
    there has been a good amount of snow this winter so hopefully with a few spring rains it will bring water levels up some from last fall.
    normal springs and good water levels spell good spawning years.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

stll up here ,been doing some ice fishing past couple days and all i can say is spring is not here yet!!!
    we've been fishing through some -20 to -30c weather with 10-20 mph winds. lots of snow and ice levels depending on which lake,how deep,when it froze last fall vs when first snows came ranged from 26-34" with 2' of snow on it.
    slush was not bad on any lakes near VB that we fished. catching some walleyes24- to 27",lots of 15-17.5" eaters, fat pike to 37",and some trout today
    but no big ones just eaters. a bit of a warmup,weather stabilizing, and it will be back to last week and the week before levels. still having a great time though. enough clothes,good company,beautiful country,and enough fish to keep you going,tough to beat.
    guarenteed it won't be any early april ice out or fishing out of boats before season closes this year.granted things can change quick but may 10th is my prediction now.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com