www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trip planning

Default Trip planning

i'm taking a vacation from lil bay de noc in June to visit gogebic. I was there the only time two yrs ago and had to leave early,plus the lake flys killed the fishing. either way any pointers as to what to bring would be appreciated. I'm lookin forward to relaxing with my dad and throwing some bobbers,any walleye will just be a bonus.

Hello uglystik,

The month of June is a great month to be fishing for Walleye on Lake Gogebic. Trolling crank baits and crawler harnesses is a great presentation to cover a lot of water and catch walleye, but there are many different ways to fish for walleyes on this lake. You could slip bobber the edges of the weeds, Jig in the weeds, through crank baits or jigs with live bait on wind blown rocks, you could rig the rocky shore lines. There are so many ways to catch walleyes on lake Gogebic, it is almost endless.

So with all that being said we would have to break this down a little. Bring your slip bobber rods and set up for live bait with crawlers, leeches,or minnows. That time of year I am typically working with crawlers and leeches. Bring some jigging rods with you, typically using 3/8 oz. or smaller jigs depending on depth and wind conditions. Bring your trolling rods. In Mi. you are allowed to fish with 3 lines per person so fishing with your father I would troll with six rods using inline planer boards. A variety of baits and colors would be the key to finding what the fish are hitting on. The fish may prefer live bait during the time you are visiting the Lake Gogebic area so I would also bring along a varity of crawler harnesses.

One other tip I could give you is to study your lake map before you get there.

I hope you have a great vacation with you father and catch a lot of nice walleye.
    Just my humble opinion but the Lake Gogebic walleye are the best tasting walleye in the world. you have to try them with McCormick's beer batter breading. You will love it!!

Have a great day,

Tim Long
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com