www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Good casting reel

Default Good casting reel

Looking to purchase a new casting reel, I have looked at a few different models, one being the curado. What is is everyone else using? I am having some sticker shock so far but tired of replacing reels every season.

I have a Curado and like it. I have several Revo Toro 61's and like those too but they are out of production now and hard to find which is why I bought the Curado last year. I also have serveral Luna's and like them as well. I like the high speed reels for jerkbaits and rubber and the Luna's (or similar types) for blades and crankbaits.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I don't own a curado but have heard nothing but good things about them. I have several different models of Revos that I'm very happy with. They're my workhorses. I break out the Luna,C4 and Record when ice becomes an issue. I use an Avet Raptor 2-speed when throwing big blades for the fast line speed.

I had been watching for a Revo Toro 51HS for awhile on Ebay since they quit making them. Those reels are like finding unicorns. Finally got one off a friend. It seems like there are one or two Winch 61's that come up every day though.

I've also heard good things about the Calcutta D. I would like to try one.

I have a curado 300E, very nice light reel that fits perfect in the palm of your hand. I only use it to throw jerkbaits and smaller lures now. I'm sure it would hold up fine to larger lures but with the higher line retrieval speed it looses to much power for me on bigger baits. I've had nothing but good luck with my calcutta 400b. I've got a few now and they are a great all around reel. I still feel the cardiffs are a great reel for the money, not nearly as smooth as the calcutta but close to half the price if money is a factor.