www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Kinkaid musky help?

Default Kinkaid musky help?

Hey guys this will be my first year that i will actually be spending substantial time fishing for muskie on kincaid. I got a new reel and some leaders coming in the mail from muskyshop.com, i only have 1 muskie rod and a handful of muskie lures. I was looking to add a few more lures to my collection here and there, i missed the auction in murphy a few weeks ago, just looking for some lure recommendations for kinkaid or muskie fishing in general, i also would like to purchase a muskie glove, and a net, so if anyone has any advice to offer a new muskie fisherman, or any old stuff they want to sell let me know. Ill keep posting on here every time i go out fishing on kincaid, or any of the other lakes/ponds around here that i fish regularly
    Thanks,
    Justin

The easiest way to learn is to hire Chad. He will teach you what you need to know and put you on fish. Much better than wasting 500$ on lures an not knowing what you are doing. Kinkaid can be tough to learn, but it gets easier the more you fish it. I wouldn't even attempt to fish for muskie without a good net and glove. I like cranks and big spinners for Kinkaid, and you can never go wrong with shad colors in clear water, and reds/oranges/chartruese in muddy water.

I agree with SmallieFisherman, hire Chad. Not only are you going to learn the lake but you will also learn a bunch of techniques for Muskie fishing in general that you most likely wouldn't pick up on your own. Hiring a guide is the only way to go when first starting out. Example... A couple years ago my friend and I caught 25 Muskies over a 4 day span when we hired Chad.
    -Fidler