www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: how about some news at the lake.

Default how about some news at the lake.

Anyone have any info this spring? Lake levels, temps, ice, fishing reports. Sure would be nice if everyone would talk a little. Thanks for any future news, Norm

Default Fishing 2/23 and 2/24

Quote Originally Posted by perazzi10 View Post
    Anyone have any info this spring? Lake levels, temps, ice, fishing reports. Sure would be nice if everyone would talk a little. Thanks for any future news, Norm
    Fished this past weekend. Started about 11:00am on Saturday, totally sunny skies, air temp was in the upper 30's. We had 39 degrees for the surface temp and it reached 40 by the end of the day. We pretty much concentrated on the water treatment area and the water was stained. We fished areas pretty thoroughly with various rattle baits and glide baits, but didn't move any fish. Pretty much everyone we talked to had a slow day. We only heard about one 41 inch fish being boated around 12:30. Not sure where it was caught or what on. We fished 9am to 3pm on Sunday. After a very cold night the surface temp was 38 at the start and was up to 40 when we left. It was sunny all day. We again fished rattle baits and glide baits, but didn't move any fish. My buddy also tried fishing a twitch bait and I slow rolled a spinner bait through the timber. We saw Chad boat a fish around 12:45 or so, which got us pretty fired up. Not sure what we were doing wrong, but we never moved a fish. I agree, I would like to hear more talk on this site also. We only get on the water 4 or 5 weekends a year and I would only consider us mediocre at best, but I will make a point of posting each time we fish.

Scott

It has been pretty slow for me my past few trips. Should pick up in a couple of weeks.

My first day on the water was last Friday, and we boated three. We got skunked on Saturday as well, but we got three more up to 42" on Sunday. Yesterday, we only boated one 36". So 7 fish in four trips so far. Not too bad. This weather sure sucks though for the next week!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

i havent been on the lake in about 2 weeks, water was about 40 degrees then and the weather was warm about 50 degrees or so, since then we have gotten quite a bit of rain and we have had a few cold days, through 3 days we didnt see a muskie, a couple people we talked to caught a couple smaller muskies, but in general the fishing has been slow, i heard the crappie have been going good, but i have no idea how to find crappie in 30 foot of water on kincaid, ive only had a boat down here since the middle of the summer so im still learning these lakes, i cant wait for the water temp to go up about 10 degrees, im getting sick of getting skunked.