This weekend was the annual boat/vacation/fishing show in Rockford. Again this year the flatlanders had a booth set up and we had plenty of volunteers to share information about our club. I can't say how proud I am of the members that represent us during the show. Everyone was polite and helpful with the crowd and any questions they had. We also tried something new this year by having a "magic fishing hole" for the kids. They were able to fish the magic spot for mystery fish and they were surprised when a toy showed up on the end of their line for their efforts. I'd like to thank Brett Thiessen for spending so much time behind the curtain acting as the "resident fish". He did a great job acting like a fish while the kids fought for their prize...even throwing his shoe into the mix a few times. We had a blast watching the faces of the kids. This may have been the best time I've ever had at a boat show.

I'd also like to thank John Trent and Jacks Pacific for donating the toys we gave away. Without your donation we could not have made so many kids smile. It was a great weekend.

Thank you to all that spent time working/setting up/tearing down the booth. I appreciate your efforts. I look forward to next year.

Jeff Blanck