www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sugar Rive Help

Default Sugar Rive Help

Has anyone taken a shallow jon boat fishing on the Sugar River ?

2. Default

Yes you can under normal water levels that won't be a problem especially after years with snow melt from early spring into summer...with the present low water there will be a problem unless you pick one of the few sections with deep enough water or plan on pulling your boat alot....Along with my buddies back yard pond the Sugar River was the water I got started fishing on spent lots of time at an early age and still spend time fishing when time permits. It has a diverse fishery outstanding bass, cat fish, some good numbers of pike, panfish. We used to every spring catch suckers, cats and carp till are arms got sore! Those were the days. I've spent most of my time floating shallow 14' boats from road to road using two guys a truck/boat trailer up river and a pickup car down river when water levels were high even took they old boat 14 footer with 25 hp motor up and down it quite a bit when the water was right. Spent most of my time fishing the bank while casting shallow crank baits, and soaking stinky cut bait for large cat. The better areas for game fish I like to start rocky and deep water areas around dams, around the many bridges, for the cats deep water cut banks with wood, and back water areas. From Albany to the Illinois/Wisconsin State Line .
    "Just above Brodhead's (Lake Leota) and just south of town from (Highway 81 Bridge to Avon Bottoms) has some of the best deep water fishing!
    Note: Camp Mini Ha Ha to Brodhead Wi your dealing with tubers in summer I moved to shore than, or down river from those inner tubers.
    Last edited by Fishing Thrills Guide Service; 01-22-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com

Awesome .... any boat ramps where I can put in between Highway 81 Bridge to Avon Bottoms ??

4. Default

Just South of the Highway 81 bridge and the avon bottoms park boat launch near the old steel bridge.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com