www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: perch

Question perch

Was wondering how the perch have been? Heading out butler island area tomorrow and looking for any info as to the bite and what has been working. It sounds like the walleye are being a little touchy lol. Thanks in advance.
    Always better than a good day at work!!

Walleyes have been slower than usual this winter, but the bite has been improving this past week. Sounded like more legal sized fish were caught, based on the reports we've been hearing at the shop.

The better perch reports have been coming from around the south end of 1st Reef, in 10 to 20 FOW. Basic perch minnows and wigglers have both been working well.

Should go without saying - be extremely careful around the pressure crack running north from Butler's Island! A sled and a quad went through, just north of the island Thursday. The warm weather the next couple days won't help the situation. Last we heard, you were still safe to cross the island to avoid the crack.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Thanks, I made it out yesterday. I was the one that stopped in for minnows and cleats. I'm sure glad I got the cleats!!! Man is it slick out there!! I was fishing the north end of Butler Island in about 14 fow just before the pressure crack. Bite was slow and small for perch. No walleyes. I fished till after dark. It was nice getting out non the less.
    Always better than a good day at work!!