www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Butler Muskie show

Default Butler Muskie show

I was wondering if anyone has heard if the Muskie show will be taking place this year? It usually occurs in February at butler high school and was fun to go to.

http://www.butlerfishingshow.com/

Feb. 16 and 17, 2013
    Last edited by Red Childress; 01-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Red,

Are you going to be there? I didn't see your name in the vendor list.

Bryan

I have gotten back into coaching some this year and my weekends are pretty well tied up with that (and my own kid's basketball tournaments as well) so I will not be doing any shows this year.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Does anybody know if the Tuff Shad people will have a stand there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Seybold View Post
    Does anybody know if the Tuff Shad people will have a stand there ?
    I read the other day on Facebook that they were not doing any shows this year due to family matters.

Allegheny River Kid , Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll stay home, wanted to purchase some Tuff Sads at show price n no shipping for me and a few other guys. That takes care of that ! Thank you for the Info.

Bob

I will be there with Tackle Industries rods and lures! I will also have Stealth Tackle leaders again! If anyone would like me to bring a rod to the show to avoid shipping charges, Send me a message on FB.

Thanks, Brian Gilmore

Well, how was the show? Good attendance? Any new baits that looked good?
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I thought the show was good although sunday did not seem to have real big crowd there. It was nice to walk around and chat with all of the lure builders, gave me the itch to start fishing soon. I just hope our spring is not like last year and the river is fishable during the month of april!

I thought the show was nice, but attendance and vendors were way down on saturday. I'd say that over 1/3 of the vendors were absent this year. Good to see Smuttly Dog and alley cat lures, Monster lures there for the first time. Along with regulars Boss Shad, Wileys, Leos, Grandmas and Fat AZ Musky lures.

Vendors and attendance was down, but I think the vendors that were there did pretty well considering. I know we did well at the Boss Shad booth on Saturday morning. Fat AZ next to us looked busy, especially Sunday. Most of the Wileys were sold. The Blue Water guys did very well. I think they sold more at this show than they normally do. I know I can't resist the Blue Water Baits. They are sweet. Hopefully some things can be adjusted for next year. I drive to the Columbus show, but it's nice having a muskie show close to home.

For my part, it was nice that the attendance was down as I made it easier to talk with the vendors. I did my part to make the Boss Shad booth a success !! Let's all hope that the show continues in the future.
    Ray J

Def disappointed in the number of vendors at the Butler show...I think they messed up having it the same weekend as the Allegheny Sport Travel and Outdoor show held in Monroeville. I went to both on Sunday and the attendance seemed a lot higher than normal at the Outdoor show and a lot lower at the Butler show. Enticed the cabin fever none the less...