www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Last Boat Standing 2012

Default Last Boat Standing 2012

I had the honor of closing out the 2012 fishing season at Witch Bay camp again this year, a proud tradition I have held for the last 8 years. October is a great time to be on the water at Witch bay Camp hunting fall fat Muskie and this year’s trip was no exception.

Two days before the new moon, October 13th my week one fishing partner and old friend Jim Plate and I arrived at WBC to find Hosts Steve and Gail,,, The Canadian Smile Ambassador E-man,,, Witch Bay Camp’s Director of Malted Beverage’s Hank and his Foreman of Spent Bottle Caps Shirley,,, The hardcore but slept late every morning and still slammed huge fish in the afternoon when I have been on the water for 4 hours before them Muskie Team of Laura and Brad, dear friends and both chronically infected fall Muskie nuts and camp guests from Kansas City Paul and his wife.

Our first day on the water found the weather warm for mid October, the lake was dead calm and clear sky’s which turned into a dark star filled night that included a great Aurora Borealis display,,, it set the tone for 3 great weeks on water at Witch Bay Camp.

Fishing started strong with 6 Muskie over 40” in the first 3 days, 4 of which were over 45” and a bonus Fat 42” Northern Pike to boot,,, great start to the trip.

Day 4 saw our first change in weather with rain all day and clouds that lasted the next 11 days straight, thanks to Sandy.

I now know how people in Seattle must feel without sun shine day on end,,, it’s a we bit tough on the soul but fishing remanded strong and loads of big fat fall Muskie’s hit the boats.

Week two brought normal October temp’s with cloud cover and Andy James, AKA “The Mad Bomber” and his crew from Indiana Mike and Steve. Andy came seeking his first Muskie after having made a number of summer and fall trips to WBC and coming close but ending up just short.

Andy’s friend Mike, a seasoned Canada fisherman and long time partner of Andy’s came to fish Walleye and it was Steve’s first trip to Canada and both Mike and Steve’s first trips to WBC.

I am happy to say we solved Andy’s Muskie drought with a 43” fatty in pouring rain at dusk in the cut on the way out towards Andrews Bay. I think none where more happy than Mike and Steve knowing that the long drive home would be just a little more pleasant after Andy caught his first Muskie.

I really enjoyed spending time with the James Gang, I hope they enjoyed my company as well,,, Looking forward to fishing with them all again at WBC in the future.

Week three brought some Sun Thank God,,, but also Snow and Ice and bone chilling winds,,, along with my old friend Tom Sauber from Sycamore IL.

The week also included the full moon of October on the 29th and water temps falling to near perfect Cisco spawning at 42 degree’s on the main lake in Andrews Bay and 36 degree’s in Witch Bay.

Tom joined me for what I can best describe as extreme fall fishing. The floor of the Whaler never thawed of its ½ inch of ice the reminder of the trip, Tom’s cold feet and his plans to improve comfort for next year’s trip was a constant conversation between us two.

But honestly we had a blast fishing and cooking together that week and I know Tom is infected with Muskie fever and the peace and solitude of WBC in October, actually November because our last day on the water was the 2nd of November,,, marking the first time that I had ever pushed my trip into November,,, crazy Eh.

We also held an hour long daily Walleye Tourney that week,,, Fall fish are so aggressive on jig and minnow,,, caught a mix bag every day,,, from Walleye’s to Muskie’s,,, So Much Fun!!

Tom and I had talked many times over the years about fishing together in Canada, and I am so glad life allowed us both the opportunity this year.

Highlights of my 3 weeks at WBC where, Panko Walleyes,,, yes best ever fried fish ,,, just ask Hank and Gail,,,LOL,,,

And of course the list of catches below,,, very proud!!

This truly was the October of PBM’S (Personal Best Muskie)

Jim Plate – PBM @ 47”,

Andy James - First and PBM @ 43”

Tom Sauber - First and PBM @ 44”

Kansas City Paul - First and PBM @ 43”

Paul’s wife -First and PBM @ 41” (Off the Dock,,, LOL,,, that’s how good October is !!)

Winnipeg Rick – First and PBM @ 44” (And Keeper of The Honey Jack,, So Good Just Ask Brad,,, LOL,, !)

WBC’s Chief Cabin Queen Laura – PBM @ 48” (Fat Pig of a Fish,,, That shit me from chest to toe taking her pic’s,,, So worth it Laura,, So Glad to be a part of it !)

WBC’s Fishing Pro Brad and King to the Queen – PBM Pair @ 49” (Yes Pair @ 49”,,, You Da Man Brad !)

Former WBC Dock Hand Nigel – PBM @ 50” (Also Formally Known As “The Bridesmaid” By Alex,,, LOL)

P.S. Nigel,,,Great Fish,,, And Congrats Again ,,, I know it was tough a few years back watching Alex stick 3 in a row right in front of you,,, drifting over the same bay,,, a few hundered feet apart,,, over 15 minutes time none the less,,, LOL,,, but that’s Muskie fishing,,, And now you earned your 50”,,, Great Memory of my man and you by the way,, Thanks for that, I will remember that evening forever,,, And always know my friend ,,, The Suick,,, It’s The Deal Maker Baby !!! (Shine On Kid)

Had a great trip,,, love October at Witch Bay camp,, miss everybody already.

Tight Lines from Team Red,,

Kevin Santullano
    (Now Known as Mr. October by those who care,,,LOL)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01893.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	18759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02026.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	18760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0356.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	18761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	18762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuskywKev.jpg 
Views:	318 
ID:	18763  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA150209.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	18764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA160219.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	18765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA160222.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	18766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA200022.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	18767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA200040.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	18768  

Name:	PA210053.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	18769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA230243.jpg 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	18770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA270251.jpg 
Views:	342 
ID:	18771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA270253.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	18772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA280254.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	18773  

Name:	PA280261.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	18774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA300285.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	18775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	18776