www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Crack condition?

Default Crack condition?

Any recent reports on the butlers to yellow gate crack condition. Are people crossing with quads ok? Will be out there in the a.m.

How about updates on the ice thickness north of gladstone? Hoping to take my rhino out from Kipling or yellow gate Monday afternoon. Would like to have 7". Im assuming there is at least that much.

Center reef had almost 9" (Sat) yesterday. South gate crack opened up while I was out there. When I came in at 6:20 pm some considerate person had marked the passage with a yellow light and supplied a bridge to cross the crack. But be carefull the bridge slides. One 16 incher, 5 smalleyes, and one sucker to show for 7hrs fishing.

Think there would be any issues crossing with a side by side?

Side by side should be ok if the bridge is frozen in or someone holds it.

I will take credit for the light and hope it helps out I try to put it out a maintain it each year easier to head towards it than follow my GPS in the dark. As for the bridge because of liability I publicly take no credit. The guy must have had extra time before heading out on Sat night to build it. Also must drive a 4 wheeler as to its size because said bridge is only 50 in wide. I have heard some complaints floating around as to why it was not made wide enough for the side by side crowd. Said builder could be jealous of the population and decided to exact revenge in this manner or perhapes the material he had available of only 150 inched long and making it wider would have resulted in wasted material. Not sure just some thoughts randomly flowing through my brain. Happy fishing and by the way where did all the fish go? Been SLOOOOOOW.

Said bridge built by said builder is great. So is the light. Drove across the bridge tonight. Had a buddy with me to help hild it in place but probably could have crossed without him. My rhino just fits with a little tire hangin off each side. Thanks alot said builder.