www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice conditions

Default Ice conditions

Hello all from the great state of INDIANA

I will be up spending quility time with the wifes family in Crystal Falls...Want to fish Lake Gogibic for a few days, How isthe Snow on the ice, Should i bring my 4 wheeler or a snowmobile to move around on the ice.

THANKS

Chuck
    Last edited by stanton21; 12-29-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Its saterday is everybody fishsng.

Hi Chuck,
    We have about 9" of snow on the ice right now Sat. Dec. 29th. You are able to travel by 4 wheeler at this time. I would recommend chains on your 4 wheeler but you should be able to get around just fine until we get more snow.

Tim Long
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Bought our bait at Timbers resort, went through them fast. Cought 15 kept 2 all were short. Had a few nice ones on tipups and even had them to the hole but got off.Jigging repahala with the minnow head worked great. Fished till dark then they turned off. Fished iin 14FOW stright out from Bergland.No perch.

Trying today in a different spot.

Tight lines

Chuck

As i write this i am leaveing the U.P...If you want a good bite for perch and walleye, fish off the YELLOW Shack in berglang bay,you cant miss it...Fish about 150yds south of it. There is a good weed bed there and the perch and walleye are there ...5 northerns were cought, all were over 26inches... HAd a blast, and no one was around us fishing... Be back in 2 weeks.

Tight lines.
    C