www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice conditions

Default Ice conditions

I have been on gogebic a few times now and everywhere i have been the ice has been 5 clear inches. in thicker weed beds its 4. granted the last time i was there was about 5 days ago and we have had some really nice ice making weather,so im sure we have got some more ice. Just think about what your doing and if you like to take a few buddies with you, just dont pile all your wheelers and whatever else you bring with you then start poppong holes all around you,your asking for trouble. Other than that, stick to the bays and stay away from any rivers or the main lake for now.

Thanks for posting Johnp,

We have been having some good ice making weather the last few days. What I saw in a 36 hr. period is that we gained about an inch and a half of ice, so in Bergland Bay were at about 8.5" in the area that I have been fishing and that doesn't mean that it is 8.5 everywhere. Please us caution when going out on the ice.

Fishing has been pretty good the last few days in the Bergland Bay with Walleye, Perch, and some nice sized Northern Pike being brought up through the holes on Tip up's. We have also seen some of the bigger Walleye's being caught by our jig fisherman.

Please come back to our forum and share your ice fishing experience with us.

Thank you,

Tim Long
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com