www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: December Starting Off Well

Default December Starting Off Well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pete's Musky.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	18977Was out Sunday with my neighbor's son. Weather was warm with enough wind to put a chop on the water. Water temps were 45-46 degrees all day. We moved 6 fish and boated 2. With the fat 37"er being the young man's first Muskie ever. I think he is now hooked!! At least that's what the ear-to-ear smile for the next 5 hours told me.

Fishing Report - They seemed to be shallow. Our deep running baits had no action. Caught/moved them all within 6 feet of the surface. Also had some action near shad balls. Very few boats on the water. Be careful of the Johnson Creek boat launch, it's very shallow (low water levels). Good fishing over the holidays to everyone.
    Last edited by GlenCarbonIL; 12-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.

I had my best day of the year on Sunday. Caught 5, biggest was 43". The others were 40, 38, 38, and a 37. I was off the water by 1 pm!

Were those five fish caught casting or trolling? Great day for sure!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Casting, 7 inch jointed crankbait. Fished from 7 until about 12:30. The 43 was about 5 casts into the day, and in that bay I caught 3 of the 5. I just looked for bays with with lots of shad. They didn't seem to be orienting to wood or weeds, just small points near deeper water. I did catch one that was suspended out over open water. No follows, just aggressive takes right at boatside. Water temp was 48-49 and rising.

I had one day last year when I caught 5 and moved 2 more, but yesterday was one of the best muskie days I have ever had.