Hey guys, love reading about the biological side of this. It's amazing what can happen to a lake, both on the positive side and the negative side. My biggest concern with the chip is habitat. My Grandfather began fishing the Chip back in the eary 1950's, and kept a diary of his Musky encouters which I have to this day, and read multiple times. The earliest was 1955 through roughly 1991. I was lucky enough to fish with him growing up and learned spots, saw follows and caught a few. The spots are not what they used to be. Some of them used to have a small patch of beautiful green weeds, now you can't even get a bait anywhere near em. For example moss creek SE corner was called 'stumps and snags', never had a weed near it, now it is choked out with weeds (junk weed), and unfishable. The chip is absolutley beautiful, however not the fishery it once was, and I hope will come back. To be honest over the past few years I have only caught a handful of Muskies from the Chip and have gone over a week without seeing one. I'm not sure I even know how to fish it anymore... :-)

I hope the DNR listens to people like Ty who are on the lake all season and see what is going on. It would be my hope that they stock it a lot more aggresively. This is a lake that gets hit pretty hard by Musky fisherman year after year. There needs to be more numbers in this lake. Then maybe some of them might not get caught so much and have a chance to grow.

Staying optimistic!