www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A Bonus Day on A Great Lake

Smile A Bonus Day on A Great Lake

I got a chance to get out today with two of my good friends, Ebs and JB. We started right out of the North Gap in about 30 FOW at a little after 6:30 and headed North. "My Boy" was also out, and he started around the Main Gap. Almost immediately we hit a 3 1/2 # Brown on a 3 color with a UV Moonshine Bloody Nose. Before I got the fifth rod in we hit a nice 5#+ Brown on a dipsy with a 2 setting and a ring back about 40. This one came on a moonshine standard Bloody Nose. I thought I was on to the pattern for the day, but I was wrong. We did get one more Brown on the UV Bloody Nose about 3 hours later. But, that was it for that set up. The rest of my spread was all steel. It included mostly Stinger standard sized spoons (Blue Dolphin, Gold Dolphin, Green Froggy) and my usual favorites(Razorburn copper back and Double Cracked Ice).

We trolled as far as the filter. The wind early in the morning was fairly strong, and as I was turning to come South I needed to turn my big OptiMax on to finish the turn and buck the waves back. At about 10 am the wind calmed and so did the seas. The rest of the day was very enjoyable.

We worked our way back to the area outside the Main Gap. There we found some action, but nowhere did we find fish jumping in the boat. It was just great to be out this late in the season.

We finished the trip around noon with 4 Browns (the 5#+ was the largest) and caught (AND RELEASED) 5 Lakers. Three of the Lakers were over 30". So, that was fun.

After a day like today, one can only hope for a winter like we enjoyed last year. That way we'll fish on "soft" water all year long!

All the Best,

Jim

"Glory Days"

Default Thanks for the report.

Jim,

I saw you as you were driving away from McKinley...so I didn't get a chance to ask you how you did. I'm glad that you had a good day and that you posted your results.

Hopefully we'll see you at the club Christmas party.

Kevin Kaari - Finn Lander