www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Is there any ice yet on Gogebic

Default Is there any ice yet on Gogebic

Hi Tim/all,

I hear you had some big snows there so how is the ice coming along? I have a trip there on Dec 26th so I am needing to keep an eye on this.

Hello notmuchlight,

The bay out in front of us here at The Timbers Resort did freeze up late last week or over the week-end, I can't remember what day, but like you said we have been getting some snow. Probably about 20" in the last few days so with that kind of snow it is acting as an insulator and the ice conditions on Gogebic are not safe at this time.

It is suppose to get warm this weekend with temps in the mid to upper 40's which I think will help things out in the long run. It should melt all the snow down and give us a nice smooth surface to start over with. The best thing we could hope for at this point is a major cold front to come in right after the warm front blows through so we can get the lake froze up nice and solid. we always have these type of conditions on Gogebic because of the amount of snow that we get in this area.

You or anyone can give us a call at the resort for an up to date report on ice conditions. Our number here is 906.575.3542.

I was going to walk out there today and then we got another 8-10'' of snow throughout the day so I decided not to walk out there because I know it's not safe even without getting wet

I will post something when I start walking out there and let you all know what is going on.

Everyone take care and be safe,

Tim
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Thanks for the feedback Tim and be safe.
    Hank