www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: July Smallies

Default July Smallies

I have a cabin booked for the week of July 6th next year. I will be staying just a little north of Fishermans Landing.
    With Chistmas around the corner it is time to put my Ho Ho list together. I will be fishing for Smallies. What do I ask HO HO for?
    Where are some good spots and techniques for that time of year? I am also looking at getting the 2013 Lakemaster chip for my Bird. Does anybody have it yet? I will not be getting it until I head that way so maybe somebody will be able to tell me if it is worth it.

Lets get a good summer smallie post going!!!

in case you haven't looked at this yet, here's the version #3 list for the HB-Wisconsin chip. http://store.lakemap.com/media/docum...3_LakeList.pdf

the right side of page 2 shows the latest additions.

HRG

I went up there last June for the first time, and we went to a few different bays/inlets and caught some nice smallies. We tossed spinners, raps (perch colored did the best), jigs with worms and gulp minnows. We didnt keep any smallies, but all of the northerns we kept had a ton of little crawfish in their stomachs, so i would a imagine a brown/orange color combo would do well.

SM99 and all, Happy New Year guys. sitting here watching this Badger game and surfing the web for fishing related sites. Thought I would pop in on one of my favorites, the TFF. I dont mind ice fishing but open water smallmouth are my preferred choice.... so let's get to that point. Your cabin location is in prime real estate. Most of the shorelines and islands from Merkle to Murray hold bass. Rock is best, mix in some wood and weed you will be in business. I'll be up there in May again as usual so post closer to your trip and I'll share more. Lowest common denominator I have found is when you have a breeze you can go shallower and work faster. If it's calm and flat you need to slow down and get a little deeper.

I have the lakemaster for my 798si and you will love it. As far as the Turtle it is spot on with depth and the river channel is well defined. If you have not already I highly suggest learning to use the water level offset as the flowage is known to fluctuate. Then the water depth highlight. I set it for 2' +- the average channel depth and it really helps when you are on plane following the snake. Lastly, you should be able to record footage. Huge advantage. I'll idle around recording and then when I'm anchored or back at camp I can break down film with a beer. Works well.

Bring sunscreen, July 6 is going to be HOT!