www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Action over the weekend?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I got up a little late on Sunday, but decided to hit the river anyway at about 11am in Tionesta. I casted every rubber lure I had for 4 hours with no luck. Then at about 3:15pm I marked a large fish in about 12ft. of water. Seconds later I noticed a guy fishing from shore had a musky on. I timed him on his release and I'm proud to report he had it back in the water within 90 seconds. Twenty minutes later I landed a plump 36" musky on a Bulldawg. She surfaced twice in the spot I caught her. I have a little too many photos of 36-40" fish, so I released her and that was it. I casted another 1/2 hour then left to meet my wife at the Foxburg Inn hotel. My wife and I had dinner at the Allegheny Grille then stayed next door at the Foxburg Inn. That place is sweet, I highly recommend it! I'm really impressed with that little community they have going on down there. They have a Pizza/Breakfast joint, Winery, Restaurant/Bar, Hotel, Library, Gift Shop and even a Chocolateir.

I took a friend and his father out friday afternoon, Tionesta area. First time for either one musky fishing. My friend caught a small pike, missed a mid 30 musky and had another fish (not sure if it was a musky or pike) on in the first 30 minutes. His father landed 2 small pike. I landed a low 30 musky and had a 40 upto the boat that was camera shy and came off before we could get photo's. 5-6 walleye guys fishing, didn't see anyone else musky fishing. 3 musky on and 3 northern's caught in 4-5 hours of fishing.
    Foxburg is nice, my parents live about 7 miles from there, the fishing isn't bad there either.