www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Action over the weekend?

Default Action over the weekend?

Things were pretty slow for my boat over the weekend. We moved one very nice musky on Sunday and no follows/hits on Saturday. The pretty weather sure did not help things either.

Anyone else have any luck?
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I got up a little late on Sunday, but decided to hit the river anyway at about 11am in Tionesta. I casted every rubber lure I had for 4 hours with no luck. Then at about 3:15pm I marked a large fish in about 12ft. of water. Seconds later I noticed a guy fishing from shore had a musky on. I timed him on his release and I'm proud to report he had it back in the water within 90 seconds. Twenty minutes later I landed a plump 36" musky on a Bulldawg. She surfaced twice in the spot I caught her. I have a little too many photos of 36-40" fish, so I released her and that was it. I casted another 1/2 hour then left to meet my wife at the Foxburg Inn hotel. My wife and I had dinner at the Allegheny Grille then stayed next door at the Foxburg Inn. That place is sweet, I highly recommend it! I'm really impressed with that little community they have going on down there. They have a Pizza/Breakfast joint, Winery, Restaurant/Bar, Hotel, Library, Gift Shop and even a Chocolateir.

I took a friend and his father out friday afternoon, Tionesta area. First time for either one musky fishing. My friend caught a small pike, missed a mid 30 musky and had another fish (not sure if it was a musky or pike) on in the first 30 minutes. His father landed 2 small pike. I landed a low 30 musky and had a 40 upto the boat that was camera shy and came off before we could get photo's. 5-6 walleye guys fishing, didn't see anyone else musky fishing. 3 musky on and 3 northern's caught in 4-5 hours of fishing.
    Foxburg is nice, my parents live about 7 miles from there, the fishing isn't bad there either.

Fished Saturday and SUnday and didn't see any toothy critters. Landed one nice Largemouth on the fly and that was pretty much it. Water temps were still near 50 and still seeing tons of green weeds. Other than the weather, I figured the water conditions would have been good for some Musky action. There I go thinkin again!! LOL

Hey Fishondixon..........everytime I see Port Matilda listed with your posts, I always wonder if you may know a couple of my college teammates at Lock Haven. Their names are Kenny and Larry Walker (twin brothers). I used to go to PMatilda with them a couple times per year to visit their dad who lived there but Kenny and Larry were Bellefonte grads in high school.

Any chance you know them?
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Names sound familiar,especially Larry, but don't know them. Was Larry the wrestling coach @ Bellefonte?

Yea, he used to be the coach there until moving into the administration side of education a few years ago.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress