www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Is there ice????

Default Is there ice????

Hello Again,

Just wondering if there is ice on the flowage or will I be hunting/fishing this weekend?

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

The short answer is there is not ice on the TFF. The present temp is 54F. The forecast for the next week is for highs in the 40s and low in the 30s. If you have a boat available, you should use it as the fishing should be good. If you shoot a deer, keep it in the shade.

Good Luck and be Safe!

There was about 50-75 yards of ice from the shore out on Bastine this weekend. I stopped by Donners Bay and didn't notice any ice, though. By Sunday it the ice on Bastine had melted and there were fishermen out there.

Spent my first weekend at my cabin on Bastine this past weekend and went down to the water to look around. Saw 3 otters about 75 yards out and watched them for about 15 mins. After a bit I noticed there were only 2 otters. Just as I was about to head back up to my cabin an otter poked his head through the ice about 15 feet from me (meaning it swam about 75 yards under the ice, and then broke the ice with his head to get a look at me). It looked me over for about 5 seconds and then went back under the ice and swam back to his friends. It was a pretty neat site.

We are making ice now. Cold weather forecasted all week so dust off those tip-ups and jiggy poles!

Our guests are reporting 3"-4" of good ice in the Lake Bastine area of the TFF. Guide Bobby Orr reports up to 3" of ice in the Sturgeon Bay Landing area, but ice depths vary with some dangerous areas.

Caution is advised; however, single digit temps are forecasted for tonight.
    Last edited by Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC; 12-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Was out yesterday off of Fisherman's Landing and found around 4 inches of good ice to the right of the landing all the way to the far bay. To the left wasn't so good, got as far as the point and ice started cracking, one inch of ice. Also a pressure ridge not far from the point so it will be awhile before good ice there. Did get some fishing in, but the only success I had was in finishing a couple of Bud Lights before they froze.
    Don Pemble

Nice to see you back Don!!!

Mark

Good to hear from you Don. Remember, 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.