www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: End of Season East Fork Report

Default End of Season East Fork Report

Fished the last three day on the east fork. I was excited with the drop in temps coming into the weekend. Only had a half day on Saturday and this was the best day. Missed 3 on suckers and hooked three on tubes but only landed one....a fat 37". Don't lose many on tubes but lost 2 on back to back casts....both heavy fish. Sunday looked great, but did not see a fish all day, in fact the suckers really didn't even get chased around. Today was slow with no luck on lures, but 3 chances on suckers....all three whiffs....nothing there on the hook sets. I went 0 for 6 on suckers over the 3 days. I'm not sure of water temps...ice on the reels and rods in the mornings.

See you next year!

Dan

Texas Dan, you and I could have a "misery loves company" kind of time in the boat. I also missed every sucker fish opportunity last week--0 for 4. Two of them were very good fish while the other two were a bit smaller.

Yea, it sure is an expensive way to feed the skis. I'm usually a little better than 50/50, so 0 for 6 really hurt and was getting into my head as well. I didn't do anything different than usual, but I guess either the fish were pointed at me or didn't have the hook covered.

The one thing I've noticed this year is that the fish do not want to run with the sucker after they grab it. That makes it really hard to get a good hookset. We've tried to pull the muskie up after it grabs the sucker just to get the fish to run but it hasn't worked. They just seem very lathargic after grabbing the sucker.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com