We enjoyed a really good September and early October. Several guests have their pictures up in our Photo Gallery and on our Oak Haven Facebook page. September also produced numerous nice Crappies. The water level was going down while the water temperature was going down. Made the Walleyes a bit frisky!

2012 will be remembered as a strange weather year. Regular guests of ours often found that the fish they sought were not necessarily in their favorite fishing spots. So effort and determination were sometimes needed.

Debbie and I don't get to go fishing much in the summer, except for the Kids Pontoon Fishing Trip, which is one of our highlights in life. But this fall we got out there. One October morning, the very first fish I caught was a 27 inch Walleye. Two days earlier I landed a 25 incher. Released them both alive after a few pictures and a quick measurement. Nothing quite like seeing your hook in the nose of a big Walleye as he cruises by the boat around three feet below the surface. That's my favorite fishing moment. Well, that and setting the hook.

Be sure to see the new Aerial Photos of Oak Haven Resort on our Facebook page. See the brilliant fall colors. If you scroll down on our Facebook page, you'll see Aerial pictures from summer. And click on "Like" while you're there.

Debbie and I would like to say "Thank You" to her brother Jon and his co-worker Walt for the work they did this fall, replacing seven different vinyl floors in various cabins. Their top quality work is felt by many of our guests each year.