www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky update?

Default Musky update?

I'm on Leech through Oct 19. Any current update on musky activity (I.e. time of day, what lure, rocks/weeds, recent catches/follows, etc.). Looking for any info to make limited time on the water productive.

Default Fall Muskies

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyes View Post
    I'm on Leech through Oct 19. Any current update on musky activity (I.e. time of day, what lure, rocks/weeds, recent catches/follows, etc.). Looking for any info to make limited time on the water productive.
    Water temps are falling every night. I like to fish the rocks in the fall, especially when windy conditions prevail which we have had the last several days. I like large baits like magnum or pounder bull dawgs. Twitching 10 inch Jakes is also a good presentation. I will also throw Double Cowgirls. You get the pattern, large baits that are an easy meal. If you can find some remaining green weeds they will still be holding fish. Another pattern is fishing areas that perch and other game fish frequent.

When it becomes too cold to cast I troll for suspended fish that are following Cisco's. Again I use large cranks like Slammers, 14 inch Jakes and Grandmas. Check Solunar tables, they are definitely worth your time if you have limited time on the water.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com