Guided Mike and Jerry on the Chippewa Flowage. It was cold and windy but fish were active on suckers. First strike came about 2 hours into the day. We had one come grab a small sucker the fish went straight to the bottom with it and sat there. I knew we didn't have anytime cuz I could feel the sucker getting turned. I told Jerry he had to set even though the musky wasn't swimming away from us. I didn't have much confidence in a hook up but with the small sucker we didn't have time to wait for him to move. Jerry hit him with an awesome hook set and just as we thought, no hook up. 10 minutes later the guys next to us had a miss on a sucker. Another 15 minutes after that the guys next to us lost a big fish on the biggest clown show net job you've ever seen. I've never been happy to see a guy mess up a net job but that bad net job probably saved the muskies life. Action slowed down a bit. Bout an hour later the circus next to us missed another one. They ran out of suckers and left lol. We had another get picked up. This was mikes turn, awesome hookset fish on, the rod was loaded, big head shakes, and then dead weight. Fish got into a stump. We were able to get the rig free but no musky. It was a long day with some good action. Had a great time before we knew it 10 hours were up and the rain drove us off. Can't wait to fish with those guys next year.

Water temps were 51

Also Outdoor creations has amazing suckers for sale they have good color and very durable