www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 10/5/12 wet and successful

Default 10/5/12 wet and successful

Out from 10ish til 4 today. Didn't see anything by one and headed back to the car to get out of the storm. Went back out about 2:15 and immediately put a 35" ski in the boat on a spanky bait double bucktail. Once I got her released my next cast produced a follow from a low 40's fish that I screwed up on and pulled the bait too early. Headed to a new spot and on the third cast had a solid hit felt two headshakes and the fish proceeded to wrap me around a log. I figured she was gone so I headed over to unsnag the bait. When I got over to the log I noticed a tail sticking up about a foot below the surface so I immediately pulled around the log and to my surprise she came free. She immediately went airborne and after a quick boatside fight I put another 37" inch fish in the boat. Not my biggest fish by any means but a really entertaining way to catch a fish. The second fish came on a musky train mx-6 in crappie color. That is quickly becoming my favorite bait on this lake. By then the rain was really coming down and I decided I'd had enough.

Headed out tomorrow morning and then having a guy meet me in the afternoon who hasn't musky fished before so hopefully they cooperate. Will report

Not sure if anyone cares about all these reports but I'll keep posting as long as there are no objections.

Oh yes were they on fire yesterday. We saw about 20 fish, had ten of them hit, and landed five. Most fish we lost were flying out of the water and throwing the DC8's. Some jumps were amazing!! Crazy what a giant front will do to these fish. Now lets see if they shut down or keep active.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com